So you have decided to create a messy corner for your curious toddler. You have your nappy box storage containers, you have the floor covered perhaps you have a small table. Now you need some supplies, so check out these must-have items.
- Art smock/apron/old shirt
- Paper – all sizes and colours
- Crayons, colouring pencils, textas
- Paint (crayola finger/poster paint)
- Paint brushes, foam brushes, rollers etc
- Glue – glue stick, craft glue, PVA glue
- Masking tape
- Scrap material
- Egg cartons, cereal boxes, ice cream containers, etc
- Large cardboard boxes
- Cardboard cylinders
- Drying area/rack
I don’t have all these items available to be used at once. Things like paint and glues can only be used with mummy’s help. But things like eggs cartons and cereal boxes are always available to play with. They are used for all kinds of games and for crafty activities too. Nothing like recycling for a good creative cause!
I would love to hear from you! What is in your messy artsy crafty corner? Is there anything you would like to add? Let me know by commenting or leaving a thought below.
You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter 🙂